Seeking a career that offers flexible development paradigms to further my knowledge in web-based applications, to learn new techniques along the way, and to create innovative and elegant websites.
And having fun along the way.
Skillsets and Knowledges
- PHP 4 & 5 + Zend Framework
- Apache, nginx
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress
Office of State Revenue 2012 Feb ~
Analytic Programmer. PHP5 (ZF + legacy) Wide range of roles from implementing new features, to bugs involving complex financial analysis, to analysis of future software design paths.
Solution4 2011 Apr ~ 2011 December
Senior PHP5 developer. Complex financial software for various clients all over the world. Zend Framework-based with plenty of legacy code and obscure business logic.
Worked for numerous clients, developing PHP5 websites.
Squiz Australia 2010
PHP4 development, working on top of in-house applications with MySource Matrix Classic. Heavy contact with permanent clients, implementing new major features, and fixed existing bugs from a legacy system.
DevProducts 2006 ~ 09
Development of wide range of websites using basic PHP, in-house MVC framework, and Zend Framework. Responsible for management of company linux servers, hosting a large and varied client base. Continued research into code optimisations and other performance improving methods for serving websites.
Examples from Freelancing
- http://www.metroresumes.com.au/ (drupal)
- http://www.metrowriters.com.au/ (drupal)
- http://www.neuronatural.com.au/ (drupal)
Examples from DevProducts
- http://www.devscripts.com/ (port from old inhouse MVC framework, script repository)
- http://www.expresswebtools.com/ (built from scratch, polling/hit counters management)
- StoreWorksPro (PHP-based content/store management application)
Many of my unlisted projects and forks are hosted on github.
University of Sydney
B.Eng (Software Engineering)
~3 of 4 years completed
- Project Management (advanced)
- Software Development (advanced)
- Cryptography (basic)
- Electronics / circuitry (basic)
- And other engineering principles
- Languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Shell(bash) (not in order of preference)
References are available upon request. Example code are viewable via github.